This behavior occurs for several reasons. Some computer and hardware manufacturers provide their own configuration software that replaces the Wireless Zero Configuration service is provided in Windows. In this case, you should use the software provided by the manufacturer to configure your wireless network. If you want to use the Getting Started Wizard Wireless Network or Wireless Network View feature is available to configure your wireless device, see the computer documentation or your wireless network card. Use this documentation to determine whether you can use the Wireless Zero Configuration service to configure your wireless network. Sometimes, you can not use the Windows functionality.
If your computer or your wireless network adapter is not accompanied by its own wireless network software, follow these steps:
A. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.
2. Click Network Connections.
3. In the Network Connections, click to select your wireless connection, then click Change settings of this connection.
4. On the Wireless Networks tab, click to select the check box Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.
To start the Wireless Zero Configuration service, follow these steps:
A. Click Start, click Run, type% SystemRoot% \ system32 \ services.msc / s, then OK.
2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. Services in the Status column, click Start, then click OK.