1. Deep in the Rio Bec are of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula…….
a. Does a 1,250-year-old pyramid lie
b. A 1,250-year-old pyramid lie
c. Lies a 1,250-year-old pyramid
d. Is a 1,250-year-old pyramid lying
2. The Architecture and pottery uncovered in ………..revealed Middle Eastern cultural relationship
a. This area has
b. The areas has
c. Area have
d. This area have
3. The Pacific Crest Train in America’s……….
a. Longest footpath
b. The Long footpath
c. Footpath the longest one
d. The longest footpath
4. …….almost every major city in the world
a. Air pollution that now afflicts
b. Not only does air pollution now afflict
c. Air pollution now afflicts
d. Air pollution what now afflicts
5. Today’ “carpet” refers to floor coverings that reach form wall to wall, …….”rug” refers to a piece of material that covers only one section of the floor.
c. in as much as
6. The triple function of Bodiam Castle’s moat was to be defensive, decorative, and ….
a. To double the impression of impregnability
b. To be double the impression of impregnability
c. Double the impression of impregnability
d. For doubling the impression of impregnability
7. …….is that a chicken stands up to lay its eggs.
a. Many people don’t realize
b. What many people don’t realize
c. It is that many people don’t realize
d. Because many people don’t realize
8. The tiger heard the splashing, rolled into ambush position, and crouched down in the grass….
a. Readied itself to attack
b. Made itself ready for the attack
c. To ready itself and attacked
d. To ready itself for the attacked
9. …..before the stork chick moves even six inches in the nest
a. just over five months is
b. It takes just over five months
c. When just five months are over
d. That it takes just over five months
10. Thor Heyerdahl, ……… from Peru in a frail balsa craft, attempted to prove his theory of South American migration to Polynesia
a. Set sail
b. Has set sail
c. He set sail
d. Setting sail
11. Small animals can survival the desert heat by finding shade during the daytime
A B C D
12. Motoring authorities credit mandatory seat-belt laws for the reduces in traffic
A B C
13. Vancouver, British Columbia, was named after the man which explored the area in
A B C D
14. Belgian chocolate is considered by many to be more finer than any other in the world.
A B C D
15. The dream of building a permanently staffed space station it may soon become a
A B C
- The vegetables in the pantry were left too long and became spoiled.
- Many early settlements crowded around the banks of the Hudson River.
- The violent waves rocked the small boat.
- She found the article while paging through the magazine.
- The commotion caused me to lose my train of thought.
- They set out on the trail through the forest at dawn.
- The explorers pressed on toward the South Pole.
- We heard the rifle shot in the early hours of the morning.
- We didn’t want to trust them until we knew what their game was.
- The girl was embarrassed because her slip was showing.