Nokia N8 merupakan HP yang saya miliki sekarang ini. Saya suka sekali dengan Hp ini karena mempunyai banyak kelebihan, terutama pada bagian kualitas kameranya (yeeyee promosi nie). Post kali ini akan menjelaskan tentang spesifikasi dari HP Smart Phone dari vendor Nokia yang berasal dari Finlandia. Siapa tahu dengan mengetahui spesifikasi ini, anda akan tertarik untuk memiliki smart phone ini (penulis cari temen kalee).
The Nokia N8 is a touchscreen-based smartphone developed by Nokia. The Nokia N8 is the first device to run on the Symbian^3 mobile operating system and Nokia‘s flagship device of 2010. It was released on 23 September 2010 at the Nokia Online Store before being released in markets around the world on 1 October 2010. The N8 features a 12 megapixel camera, a pentaband 3.5G radio. Among the connectivity features are an HDMI output, USB On-The-Go, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
The previous phone in the Nseries was the N97, which was criticised for its initial firmware issues. Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia’s Executive Vice President for Markets, said in an interview that software quality control would be better than for the N97. The N8 was the first device to feature the Symbian^3 operating system. Initially scheduled for the second quarter of 2010, the N8 was pushed back to the third quarter, being finally released on 30 September 2010 due to ‘final amendments’. The N8 became the product with the most customer pre-orders in Nokia’s history up to the point of its release and sales in Q4 2010 have been estimated to be almost 4 million.
- Anodised aluminium monocoque case
- Available in silver white, dark grey, orange, blue, green and pink
- Size: 113.5 × 59 × 12.9 mm
- Weight (including battery): 135 g (4.8 oz)
- Carl Zeiss optic 12.1 megapixel resolution
- 3.5″ AMOLED screen with capacitive touch
- 640 × 360 pixels nHD (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Gorilla glass protective layer
- 16M Colors
- 680 MHz ARM11 processor (ARM v6 architecture)
- 256 MB RAM
- Broadcom BCM2727 GPU VideoCore III Multimedia Engine with dedicated 3D Graphics HW Accelerator with OpenGL-ES 1.1/2.0 support. 32 Mtriangles/sec
- 16 GB internal memory
- MicroSD memory card slot, hot swappable, up to 32 GB
- Orientation sensor (Accelerometer)
- Compass (Magnetometer)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light detector
Nokia N8 has dual charging options, allowing to be charged both from a standard-pin Nokia charger, or over the micro-USB port.
The Nokia N8’s battery is integrated and thus not easily removable or replaceable. Although this procedure is not endorsed by Nokia, it has been reported that the battery actually is replaceable by loosening two screws on the sides of the phone.
- BL-4D 1200 mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Standard Nokia 2 mm charger connector
- Talk-time (maximum):
- Standby time (maximum):
- Video playback time (H.264 720p, 30 fps, maximum): 6.5 h
- Video recording time (H.264 720p, 30 fps, maximum): 3.5 h
- Music playback time (maximum): 54 h
Data and connectivity
- GPRS/EDGE class B, multislot class 34
- HSDPA Cat9, maximum speed up to 10.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbit/s
- WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- TCP/IP support
- Capability to serve as data modem
- Support for MS Outlook synchronization of contacts, calendar and notes
- Bluetooth 3.0
- HDMI mini C connector
- High-Speed USB 2.0 Micro USB connector with USB charging
- 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector supporting the connection of hands-free headsets, regular headphones, or a Nokia TV-out cable.
- FM radio
- Short range FM transmitter
- Quadband GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Pentaband WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- Automatic switching between WCDMA & GSM bands
- Flight mode
Software platform and user interface
From February 7, 2012, Nokia Belle update was available for N8 through Nokia Suite. In August, Nokia also started to roll out the Nokia Belle Refresh update. This update brings new features to the Symbian Smartphone like HTML 5 web apps support and a new set of home screen widgets.
Other software which will be able to function on the N8 smartphone:
- HTML 5
- Qt (framework) 4.7.3, Web Runtime 7.3
- Software updates Over the Air (FOTA) and over the internet
- Key built in applications include: calendar, contacts, music player, photos, videos, video and photo editors, office document viewers and editors (with new firmware), radio with Radio Data System (RDS) support
- PC Applications: Nokia Ovi Suite, Nokia Ovi Player
- Online applications: Nokia Ovi Store, internet, messaging, Ovi Maps, Web TV, Mail
- Extra Applications: Shazam Music Recognition Service, Joikuspot Free Version (Extra applications may be changed/removed in certain regional firmware
Email and messaging
- Email client with HTML and attachment support for images, videos, music, and documents.
- Unified mail client for multiple providers: Yahoo! mail, Gmail, Windows Live, Hotmail and other popular POP3/IMAP services, Mail For Exchange, IBM Lotus traveler
- Support for editing office documents
- Support for PDF files.
- MMS support has Facebook application, Twitter, etc.
After the Anna update there is now Communicator support (which is usually reserved for E-Series devices). There is also a new push notification API and a corresponding app.
Sharing and Internet
Browsing and Internet
Proprietary web browser (latest version 188.8.131.52 in Belle v.111.030.0609 official firmware), including:
- Supported protocols: HTTP v1.1, WAP
- RSS reader
- Social networking profiles (e.g. Facebook. Twitter) automatically sync with contacts app and updates are visible in phone contacts.
- Integrated GPS, with A-GPS functionality
- Free voice-guided navigation via OVI Maps Free Lifetime Navigation (not all Navteq maps are available in and/or from all countries; e.g. Japan)
- Wi-Fi Positioning
- Electronic compass
- 12 megapixel camera with 4 elements Carl Zeiss tessar optics and mechanical protection shutter
- Shutter: rolling shutter
- Xenon flash
- Focal length: 5.9 mm
- Aperture: f/2.8
- Fullscreen 16:9 viewfinder with touchscreen parameters
- Camera sensor size: 1/1.83″, the largest in a mobile device at the time of launch
- Neutral density filter, activates automatically in very bright scenes
- Secondary VGA camera for video calls, also usable for self-portraits
- Geotagging of images and video
- Face detection software
- Photo editor
- Main camera
- Secondary 0.3 Mpx(VGA) camera for video calls
The video-capturing feature is complemented by the mini HDMI port located on the top side of the phone, which normally mirrors the phone’s screen, but allows for applications (such as the built-in video player, the Nokia Big Screen app and selected games) to output content in resolutions up to 720p. The corresponding cable is provided in the retail box in most regions.
Video sharing and playback
- 720p video playback through HDMI with Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound
- Support for subtitle in .srt and .sub format with UTF8 encoding
- Video editing software
- At the time of its launch in November 2010 the Nokia N8 came with the “Comes With Music” service (also branded “Ovi Music Unlimited”) in selected markets. In January 2011, Nokia stopped offering the Ovi Music Unlimited service in 27 of the 33 countries where it was offered. The service is still offered in China, India and Indonesia with a 12-month subscription and in Brazil, Turkey and South Africa with a 6-month subscription. The reason for the closure in a majority of the markets where Ovi Music Unlimited was offered was due to a lack of popularity.
- Ovi Music store
- Digital rights management support: Windows Media DRM and OMA DRM 2.0
- Short range FM transmitter
- Stereo FM radio (87.5–108 MHz/76–90 MHz) with RDS
To highlight the capabilities of the Nokia N8 camera, Nokia created a short film, The Commuter, in October 2010. Directed by the McHenry brothers and starring Dev Patel, Ed Westwick, Charles Dance and Pamela Anderson, the seven-minute film was shot entirely on the phone’s 720p camera. For the Spanish promotion of the phone they also created a short video featuring luminescent puppets, called “Love Knot“.
The device also appeared on the popular Showtime TV show, Dexter, and the BBC TV series Hustle, as well as the film, TRON: Legacy. It is also the phone Sarah Lund uses in the third series of The Killing..
In Asian countries, it was promoted differently through the fictional character Pier Roxas on Nokia’s Project Gener8 by Young & Rubicam Philippines. He also appeared on the GMA talk show Startalk to promote the device.
The “Nokia Shorts 2011” competition involved 8 Short films shot on a Nokia N8. The winner was “Splitscreen: A Love Story”.
The independent film Olive, which is the first feature length film of about 90 minutes to be made entirely with a cell phone, uses the Nokia N8 along with an old fashioned video camera attachment with a 35 mm lens made exclusively for the device and to trick the audience by not realizing it was made from the Nokia N8.